Urban Dove Team Charter School is currently seeking high school teachers in the following subject areas:
- Social Studies
- Foreign Language
- Special Education ICT All Subjects
- Physical Education
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Urban Dove Team Charter School (UD Team) is a completely unique and innovative alternative high school targeting under-credited 9th and 10th graders. UD Team is a 3-year program that combines a sports-based youth development component and a project-based, highly personalized academic approach to give each graduate a high school diploma, a foundation for higher education and the job skills needed to enter the world of work.
Some highlights of our program:
- Students are members of small, single-gender teams that practice together, play together, go to class together, and receive support services together
- Students spend significant portions of each day playing and participating in a sports, health and fitness curriculum
- Teachers have ample time to plan, meet in teams, and participate in rigorous professional development
- Teachers are supported, mentored and heard through a governance structure that values all constituents
- Urban Dove, a non-profit with over 10 years in youth service, serves as an institutional partner to the school
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- UD Team teachers are results-driven educators with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of various data points to inform instructional decision-making.
- UD Team teachers are collaborative and self-motivated, risk-taking and self-reflective, and sensitive to the academic and social-emotional needs of at-risk students.
- UD Team teachers are committed to students’ high achievement in the classroom and are willing to embark on a venture that demands extra hard work, flexibility, and leadership.
- Effectively differentiate instruction based on an array of student needs
- Keep track of the individual progress of all students
- Design and implement differentiated assessments that measure progress towards teacher-designed course competencies
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level teacher teams, and school-wide functions
- Tutor individual students and monitor academic intervention sessions in our extended day block
- Review data and student progress regularly via an electronic learning management system
- Participate in a late summer 3-week staff orientation and professional development series of workshops
- New York State Certification
- Both novice and experienced teachers may apply
- Must be team-oriented, with a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, a passion for serving at-risk youth, and a sense of humor
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter describing relevant experience and interest in the position, along with resume to Mr. Amit Bahl, School Leader, Urban Dove Team Charter School, at email@example.com